Let’s travel back in time to November 2018. Outlander’s Sam Heughan has a big announcement: he’s offering one lucky fan the chance to be his date for My Peak Challenge’s annual gala. Heughligans around the world rejoiced!
Fast forward to today.
Inspired by that special invite, you (yes, YOU) have raised a mind-blowing $2,892,080 to support My Peak Challenge’s chosen charities, Bloodwise and Marie Curie. That’s right, almost three million dollars! Let that sink in.
Now let’s look to the future and to the life-changing/life-saving impact you’ve created for these two amazing nonprofits…
Bloodwise is the UK’s leading blood cancer research charity. They fund world-class research, ensure those affected by blood cancer have access to the right support and campaign for better treatments.
Your donations will allow MPC to continue to fund one of Bloodwise’s critical research projects focused on improving care for children with leukemia. The goal? Developing less toxic therapies and working toward a cure!
To put your generosity in perspective, your donations could pay for a whopping:
- 500 PET scans
- 250 focus groups with blood cancer patients
- 200 vortex mixers
- 1,000 pipettes
- 200 gel chamber systems
- 200 blotters
- 200 gyratory rockers
- 50 fridges
- A 15 year supply of MACS cell separation kits
- A 15 year supply of materials for cell cultures
- A Patient Information Team for 5 years
- Lab consumables for 10 years
- A PhD student’s blood cancer research for 1 year
Marie Curie provides support to people with terminal illnesses and their families. Through expert care, emotional support, research and guidance, they help families make the most of their time together.
Your generous donations will go toward helping families when they needed it most. The funding could amount for:
- 30,500 hours of care and support to people living with a terminal illness in the comfort of their own home
- 32 specialist nurses to provide vital end-of-life care to people living with terminal illness
- Running all nine of Marie Curie’s hospices for 10 days, which give inpatient and outpatient care to hundreds of people living with terminal illness and their families
So even though you didn’t win the date with Sam, you did send some incredible good into the world. We’re so, so grateful. And we know Sam is too. Thank you!